Friday, February 18, 2005

 

When We Say "No More Late Fees," We Don't Mean We're Actually Going to Stop Charging Late Fees

Video rental giant Blockbuster is being sued by the State of New Jersey over its new "No More Late Fees" policy. NJ claims that the ads are "fraudulent and deceptive," pointing out that anyone returning videos or games after the new one-week grace period is still being charged hefty fines. Why Blockbuster didn't just increase the rental period by one week instead of falsely claiming "no late fees" is anyone's guess. Source

Comments:
That is so eff'n crazy!!! How did they ever think that they were going to get away with it? Great now I have to hurry up and return some videos that will now be very late even though they said "No More Late Fees!".

Daneris
http://www.snazzykat.com/ordinarychica
 
I don't rent videos. No problem for me. ;^)

http://pimme.blog-city.com
 
I can't disagree with all of you more. I rejoined block buster because of this switch. My store made it crystal clear to me what the terms were. You know we do hava a saying in this country, "Buyer beware" you people make it sound like Blockbuster is trying to decieve when all anyone has to do it read the terms of the membership and its not even fine print....
 
While I agree that what Blockbuster has done is a good thing, it's slightly misrepresented. But what they should have said is "Hot damn, we doubled the rental period and we're not going to rape you in the pooper too bad if you bring it back late." I was at Blockbuster just tonight and the people in front of me got jacked with the $1.50 "restocking fee," thinking that "no late fees" means exactly that. But what's funny is that if you watch their commercials, it says "Extra charges may apply" at the bottom! I find that kind of humorous... "no late fees--extra charges may apply". Caveat emptor!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?